1) Where can I find a brochure about renting the Community Centre?
You can pick up a hard copy of our rental brochure on our Information Wall (to the left of the bar).
2) Is the Community Centre available for my date?
You can check out our on-line booking app or calendar to see if your preferred date is available or to select an alternative date. If you need help determining availability, please feel free to contact us!
3) How much does it cost to rent the Community Centre?
You can explore our menu of rental options for hourly rates and special Party ‘n’ Go packages. We can also customize a package to meet your unique needs. If you need further info on pricing, please contact us!
4) How do I pay for my rental?
Your rental is not confirmed until the rental agreement is signed and the booking deposit is received. The booking deposit is equal to 25% of your rental fee and is non-refundable. The balance is due prior to your rental date.
To pay your rental fee or deposit, you can pay via cheque, email money transfer or credit cards. Please see our Rental Payment page for more details.
5) I would like to have alcohol at my event. Can I run the bar myself?
No. HPCC relies on bar revenues to help pay the operating and capital expenses of the building. We would be pleased to answer any questions you may have about the bar service and customize a plan to meet your needs.
6) Do I need a Liquor License to have alcohol at my event?
Yes. A Special Occasion Liquor License is required for all events where alcohol is served. The cost for this is included in our Wedding and Bar Event packages.
7) I’m planning my event and need to know the floor plan and dimensions. Where do I find this?
Floorplan: Main Floor.
8) What is the capacity? How many people can I invite to my event?
For most events with tables, chairs and bar service, the capacity is 187 people per Fire Marshall. For non-alcohol events with tables and chairs, the capacity is 237. Maximum capacity without tables is 300 (theatre style). At the current time, we have sufficient tables and chairs for approximately 200 people.
9) What am I responsible for when I rent the Community Centre?
We ask renters to take certain precautions with regards to decorating, cleaning, alcohol use and general safety. View our Sample Rental Agreement for a full list.
10) Do I need to clean up after my event?
You are responsible to clean up after your event and return the hall to a rentable condition. Check out our Rental Checklist for a list of cleaning requirements.
If you’ve selected one of our Party ‘n’ Go packages or have otherwise contracted for staff cleaning, then we will look after cleaning for you. In this case, you are required to return the tables and chairs to their original locations, unless you’ve contracted for set-up/tear down service.
11) Who do I contact to book my event?
12) I will need audio/video equipment. What’s available?
The following audio equipment can be rented for your event:
- 1 Speaker (Yorkville NX25P 300 watt powered loudspeaker) with stand
- Up to 3 wired and 2 wireless microphones
- Up to 2 floor stands and 1 table top stand
- 1 Mix8 mixer
13) I would like to serve food at my event. Can you look after that?
The Community Centre’s kitchen is now a fully inspected facility with a Nova Scotia Food Establishment Permit. It is rented separately from the Firefighters Hall, so contact us to confirm you want the space. We do not have restrictions on catering; you can bring your own food in or work with a caterer. We recommend Hammonds Plains’ Creative Gourmet; contact Chef Lyle Kennedy for information or a quote.
14) I would like to arrange transportation for my guests to or from the Community Centre. Who do I contact to help me out?
15) I would like to rent one of the signs to promote my event. How do I do this?
The Community Centre’s road and building signs are seen by 20,000 cars a day and are an excellent tool to market your event. The signs are rented for a minimum one week period (Monday to Sunday). Please check out our rental menu to see more information on our sign rentals. Then take a look at our live calendar to see if your dates are available. Next, send us a sign reservation request and we’ll get in touch with you to work out the details.
16) How do I make a complaint, a compliment or share other feedback?
17) I have other questions. Who do I contact to help me out?