The Hammonds Plains Community Centre is located in the heart of Hammonds Plains, 2041 Hammonds Plains Road at Glen Arbour Way. We are 27 minutes from Halifax downtown or international airport.
All rentals include:
– use of tables & chairs. Renter is responsible for set up and tear down.
– a free 30-minutes before & after your rental time for set up and tear down.
Rates are per space: Firefighters Hall or Kitchen/Meeting Room.
– Damage/Cleaning Deposit – $65 unless otherwise indicated. This deposit is fully refundable after the hall is inspected after your rental, assuming no issues.
– Booking Deposit – 25% of your rental fee is due within 7 days of booking in order to secure your date. This fee is non-refundable should you cancel your rental.
For over 45 years, the community centre has been the social hub of Hammonds Plains. We’ve hosted hundreds of weddings, birthday parties, AGM’s, fitness classes, scouts and various other community meetings and events. We look forward to making your next event fun, easy and affordable!
Renting the community centre is easy!
- Visit our FAQ page to answer many of your rental questions.
- Check out the rental rates and packages below. Click the Book Now icon for your package. This will take you to our online booking app (Acuity Scheduling) and the price indicated at this stage includes HST and the refundable damage deposit.
- Choose your date and times and tell us more information about your event and any special requests.
- For non-alcohol event packages, you can accept the Venue Rental Terms and Conditions on the booking app.
- At the end of the form, you can click “Pay Now” to pay immediately via credit card or “Pay Later” where we will email you an invoice. With the Pay Later option, you can pay via cheque, Email Money Transfer or credit card.
- We will contact you to confirm availability, price and send you a rental agreement for alcohol or custom events.
- Return your signed rental agreement via email or mail.
- Pay your rental fee and deposit to confirm your booking.
Your booking is firm when the rental terms are accepted and rental fee/deposit is paid.
Contact us if you’re having trouble with the online booking app or prefer to book via email or phone.
Two weeks before your rental date:
- Rental Fees are payable in full prior to your rental date. Please pay any balance due (rental fee less deposit paid at booking).
- For bar events, email us your final number of expected guests and if you have any special liquor requests.
Rental Day – Before Your Event:
- You do not need keys, a code or to meet anyone at the hall to gain access. The alarm system and front door lock are programmed to give you access during your rental times.
- Email us if you have any questions when you arrive.
- Set up any tables and chairs that you need.
- Enjoy your event!
Rental Day – After your Event:
- Please return tables and chairs to their original location.
- If you have not selected our convenient Party ‘n’ Go Package which includes staff cleaning service, then you are required to clean and return the hall to a fully rentable condition. Download our Rental Checklist.
- Tell us how we did. Please complete the Client Satisfaction Evaluation Form. We appreciate your feedback!