Hammonds Plains Community Centre is a non-profit organization incorporated under the Nova Scotia Societies Act. The volunteer-based organization owns and operates the Community Centre.
Members of the society elect a board of directors at the Annual General Meeting, usually held in late February. Directors serve a two-year term. Some of the duties of the directors are to update the strategic plan and identify annual capital improvement projects. The board normally meets every second month. If you would like to attend a meeting, please get in touch!
2022-23 Board of Directors
- Ken Mitchell, President
- Jenn Gaetz, Vice-President
- vacant, Secretary
- Shaun MacIntyre, Treasurer
- Eiryn Devereaux
- Anne Marie Evans
- Olga Ginovker
- Colin Schnare
The success and viability of the facility depends on your participation and support! You can get involved:
- Join – become a Member of the Society;
- Volunteer – we need people to run programs and maintain the facility; and
- Casual Jobs – we need people to work events, bartend, clean, setup and tear down.
Thank you for your support!